Saturday, January 14, 2012

New Years Resolution.

New Years Resolutions... They are kind of like bananas, everyone has them, but nobody keeps them.. IT'S CALLED BANANA BREAD PEOPLE, learn how to make it. But anyway, I was talking with a couple of my friends over beer, around the first of the year, expressing how I don't ever have NYR, because, well I don't want to fail.* But, we started discussing how maybe it would be fun if I chose the Top 10 NYR that everyone picks and make them mine, dominate them, and then brag about it. As great as this sounded, we came up with a better idea.

I shouted out the idea of going on 52 blind dates and blogging about them. Realizing how unrealistic this goal was, I decided to drop it down to 26. That is two dates a month, and I think** that that is do-able. Now, I, Laura A, have not been on a real date since my Sophomore year in High School. Yes, that long ago. So lets just say I am actually SUPER NERVOUS, but my excitement outweighs the butterflies, so BOOM. I don't see why people can't just date anymore. It seems like you either have to be single (AND LOVIN' IT***) or have that coveted Ring by Spring. (I go to a Private Baptist School, where I think there is an engagement everyday... seriously)

But, as I sit in Week 2 of January, I find myself still at square one, dateless and ashamed. I need to find a way to get blind dates without putting to much thought into them. So, if you know of anyone that I don't know, PLEASE, for the love of all that is good in the world, SET ME UP! I won't break their hearts****, I promise.

LA

*Also, I am Catholic, I already have to do a "resolution" for during Lent. Let me tell you what, that is hard enough already, and it is only a couple weeks.
** I am starting to think that this might even be impossible.
*** gag.
**** I just won't call them back

No comments:

Post a Comment