Thursday, January 19, 2012

Date #1.

So, here I am.  Alive and well after date number 1.  I don't really know how to start an introduction to something like this, so I suppose I will just go for it! Oh and just for the record, I am not going to use names of the boys, just in case they actually log on and read this... (which I will talk about very soon)

I found out that I was supposed to meet him at the theatre at 7:10, so I did my best to show up on time, and when I arrived, he was standing in the lobby waiting for me.. (Ok, So I was that two minutes late , but I would deem that as  acceptable, because after all, you don't want to be the first one there) Also,I really had no idea what he looked like. I had only seen one picture on a website that I could base my findings off of.  So I went up to, who I hoped, was him and cheerfully said hello, and we made a bit of small talk. I asked him what movie we were going to see, which he then proceeded to tell me that he was told he had to take me to see The Devil Inside Me. Thank gosh I knew that that stupid* movie was not playing at the cheap seats, otherwise like I said before, I would have left right then and there. But, after I got out the truth, I was quite happy that we were going to see The Muppets!

So, we walk up to the counter, and he automatically says, 2 please, and then pays for my ticket! Phew... what a relief that was. I didn't want it to be that awkward, well um, err... one? two? Then you just say ONE, I will just get myself, to stop the awkwardness that is happening. So then we walk into our theatre, go into the small talk scenario for about 5 mins, and then the movie starts. We watch contently, commenting to each other ever now and then, but for the most part, we are just watching the movie. After the movie is over, we get up, start walking out of the theatre and talk a for maybe 2 more minutes, and then part ways. THAT IS IT.

I would say that it was a pretty painless first date, but honestly... it was kind of disappointing! After the movie I even made the effort of saying, "Well what are you up to now", to which I got the response of him being hungry and needing to go and study for a test. After I agreed, and said that I too had some homework to finish up, we parted ways, went to our cars and said, "well, see ya later". He didn't even ask for my number, or  set up another time to hang out or anything. So either he didn't enjoy how I watch movies so he never wants to see me again, he is shy about asking girls for their numbers, or he just didn't even think about how he would contact me after this date was over. No mater which option it is, they are all kind of depressing!

Now for the twist. An hour or so later, I get a notification that I have a friend request on FB. So I check to see who it is, and of course it is him. Now, first thing that went through my mind was, alright cool, that must mean I am not a terrible person to watch movies with. BUT THEN IT DAWNS ON ME. THE FLAW IN MY PLAN, THE UNSEEN, UNHEARD SILENT NINJA THAT WANTS TO PUT A DAMPER ON MY NYR. I have been posting all of these blog updates all over my facebook wall for the past week. If I accept his friend request, he will be able to see all that I have been posting, and HE WILL BE ABLE TO READ THIS POST! I didn't know what to do and started to call my friends asking for advice. And really, it isn't that big of a deal, but still, it would be pretty embarrassing if I logged onto someones facebook page and read about the date we had just had! Especially if we only talked for a total of 10 minutes! After coming up with some solutions, which include deleting all notions of the blog off my wall, and blocking the web link from him, I just hope that he doesn't stumble upon the link somewhere, and reads this, and thinks I am a terrible person.

Now  again, just for the record! I am not out to embarrass anyone, or make a fool of anyone, I am honestly just doing this for fun, and to prove a bit of a point. I hope that if he is reading this, he takes it with a light heart, and an humorous spirit!

So just for the record: My thoughts about Date #1.
I had a good time, but honestly we didn't really have an opportunity for anything to go wrong. Do I suggest ever just going to a movie with someone you don't know? No. Go to coffee, or dinner or ice cream before or after just so then you can get to know each other better. At least I didn't have any awkward hand holding situations or anything... but still. I don't really know anything about him, like at all. But, as they say in show biz, ON TO THE NEXT!

LA

* By stupid I really mean super freaky.

6 comments:

  1. The Muppets was an amazing movie. Did you have to suppress your laughter at all?

    ReplyDelete
  2. and just because i feel the word embarrassed might come up on future posts...here is the correct spelling (look at the one i typed above) :) loves you and loves this blog since i never get to see my graduated friend anymore :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh! Thanks Bets!!!!!! I thought my spell check was on, but boy-O-boy was it not!!! I will have to edit it better tomorrow!!!! Also, Mary, I did not have to hold anything back. He was laughing, so I decided he could hear the real LA laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahahahahah LOVE IT. I don't think you should worry too much about the guys being offended. I know a girl that create a blog to get over her ex. I won't tell you the name here but it was pretty intense only because half of it was obsessive/angry and the other half happy/passive aggressive... Your blog is funny and classy :) I think if you go all weird on us we'll let you know ;) Any word of a #2?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. No word yet! I need a date by the end of January!! SO VERY SOON!!! Any ideas?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Laura! Okay, my thoughts on your first blind date of the year...

    I think it all boils down to the setting. Like you said, just seeing a movie does not give either of you much of an opportunity to get to know each other. Although, it is a very safe option, because there's very little chance of controversy, complication, or catastrophe. And luckily... there wasn't in this case. Although there wasn't much of anything else either.

    The good news is... he paid for your ticket. And that shows class. So points for him on that.

    Anyway, look forward to reading the next posts! (P.S. you also have to think about the following obstacle: What if you meet someone you actually fall for... how will you keep your NYR Dating a secret??!!!!!)

    -Peter

    ReplyDelete